ILPC participants can take part in our Coach Training Programme in one of three ways:
On-site (in-house) training
Distance coach training
Direct in person class attendance
2.1 On-site (in-house) Training For companies who have six or more delegates who wish to attend our Coaches Training, Leadership The EPL Way offers an On-Site Training option. For such on-site training, please call our office at 011 726 7773.
2.2 Distance Coach Training Leadership The EPL Way offers a distance training option for those too far from Johannesburg.
How will it work?
The ideal would be to attend a four day training school in Johannesburg. If this is not possible, a number of additional tele-classes or Skype sessions will be included
Thereafter participants can take part in weekly one-hour tele-classes or possibly Skype sessions for further guidance. The frequency and number of tele-classes or Skype sessions will be determined by participant needs
Assignments can be sent in by email. The gap analysis coaching session could possibly be conducted via Skype. The same applies for the theoretical and practical assessments.
You are welcome to
contact our office for more information.
2.3 Direct interaction (in-person) class
attendance in Johannesburg
Our Coach Training option for those close enough to
travel to Johannesburg for the weekly one-day class meetings, is explained in
more detail this Programme overview.
A mixed method delivery model will be used. The following integrated training methods will be included during the programme:
1. Interactive facilitation consisting of the principles of effective facilitation, e.g.
explanation and discussion of core ideas or concepts
previewing – telling the group where they are going
questioning and feedback
keeping the energy flowing by means of variation, activities, dialogue, relevant content, etc.
2. Experiential learning through e.g.
question and answer technique
activities during training such as SWOT analysis
3. Self-directed learning by means of
self-reflection exercises during the programme
individual mentoring during the programme when needed
completion of Portfolio of Evidence through assignments
4. Multi-media Leadership TheEPL Way is known for its application of a multi-media approach including e.g.
models and model building
hands-on activities to illustrate theoretical concepts
break-away group discussions and group problem solving or group learning
5. Group Tele-classes (if needed) Group tele-classes could be included to accommodate long distance participants or to minimise in-class meetings
Individual support and guidance will be available during and after completion of the programme
7. Didactical sensitivity Due to the educational background of the course leader, special emphasis is given to effective didactical principles such as…
a systematic and a clearly structured programme
work from the big picture to the detail
work from what is known to participants (their world) to what is to be mastered
being outcome driven and goal directed
apply adult learning principles, e.g.
- adults want to know “why” - adults are interested in solution focus as well as information gathering - adults are serious learners once they buy in and are convinced - adults take a while to unlearn old habits and beliefs – therefore one needs a patient but powerful approach based on thorough knowledge
a practical functional approach by visual models and real life case studies
The ILPC head office is situated in Auckland Park, Johannesburg. As such most of the training will take place in the Johannesburg area. However, depending on the residential area of the majority of participants, the programme could potentially be presented in venues close to the majority of participants.
Forward to...Home>>> Forward to...ILPC Overview Page>>> Forward to the next page...Cost >>>