1. What material and handouts do participants get?
An arch lever file with dividers
Coaching modules programme notes
Manuals and worksheets
Diagrams, Models and Coaching Tools
ILPC-ICF Coach Logbook
ILPC Coach Programme Schedule
Rate your progress questionnaire
Articles on our website or per email
2. What kind of homework and assignments can be expected? 2.1 Informal Mini-Assignments In order to keep track of your progress, i.e. your knowledge, insight and ability to apply your learning, mini-assignments are included throughout your theoretical modules. In addition to this, a self-assessment progress questionnaire will assist you with tracking your progress throughout the coaching programme. These assignments are not compulsory to send in for assessment. However, should you wish to get feedback, you are welcome to send in your mini-assignments within seven days after completion of a module. More information will be given during our weekly class meetings.
2.2 Formal Assignment and PoE A limited number of compulsory formal assignments will be part of your Portfolio of Evidence (PoE).
The assignments will require you to:
answer questions demonstrating your knowledge, insight and application skills
reflect on coaching issues
formulate a Business Plan for your coaching services
Your PoE will comprise of:
three satisfactorily completed formal written assignments
feedback from Life and Professional Coaching sessions
the outcome of your real-time coaching proficiency assessment
If no satisfactory assignments or a PoE be submitted, you will only receive a certificate of attendance.
2.3 Reading Assignments It will be expected that participants prepare themselves for the weekly class or tele-conference meetings. All these informal and formal assignments help participants to gain the best from the programme and show you where your strengths and challenges are.
3. How are the assessments done and what does it cost? There are approximately four assessments of the theoretical modules (foundational and core modules). Each of these assessments will be conducted directly after the relevant theoretical sections. They will be open book assessments focusing mostly on insight and problem solving abilities (case studies). The final assessment will be an oral examination which will include both a factual knowledge component and a mock coaching session.
The cost for all these assessments is approximately R3 000,00 and is included in your course fees.
4. How can I develop my practical coaching experience and record coaching session hours? Guidelines on how to gain practical coaching experience:
Participants will begin their practical coaching experience by coaching each other in class. The support of the facilitators and classmates is crucial in the initial stages of becoming a coach
Arrange your own trial coaching sessions with volunteers such as friends or family. More than one session per client is recommended
Once you have recorded a minimum of 10 to 25 hours of coaching sessions, you could offer low tariff sessions to businesses, organisations, school educators, parents, couples or teenagers with personal or relationship issues
Leave cards or your advertisement brochure at office receptions, medical clinics or shopping centres. Also approach companies to offer your services. The same applies for churches, schools, and even the Department of Correctional Services
Let all volunteers know that you are a coach in training
Use the ILPC-ICF coach log book to record all the sessions and hours you have coached
You need to complete the foundational modules, then approximately twenty (20) hours practice coaching sessions before you can make an appointment for a mock coaching assessment, also called a gap analysis assessment.
5. One-on-one supervision
The ILPC coaching process has been developed to enable the learner coach to get telephonic guidance between coaching sessions
One-on-one supervision will be encouraged should course participants need support or guidance with…
- assignments or course content - trial or genuine coaching sessions - their Business Plan - feedback of progress - positive reinforcement or building coaching confidence
6. When will I be able to start coaching officially, i.e. getting paying clients? As indicated in Question 4, you can start coaching clients outside of class after approximately four to six training days. We also distinguish paying and non-paying clients. The first approximately 10 – 25 hours should be seen as pro bono or non-paying coaching hours. Then you can possibly begin to charge a reduced fee (R100 to R300) per session until you have completed the ILPC Master Coach Programme.
PLEASE NOTE: Remember to keep a log book of all coaching hours, even class practice sessions.
7. How many hours practical coaching experience do I need to qualify as an ILPC Master Coach?
As specified in Question 4, you need approximately 10 to 25 hours of coaching sessions before making an appointment for a gap analysis appraisal
The ILPC does not specify any number of practical coaching hours in order to qualify as a Certified Master Coach. You only need to reach Competence level in the practical assessment (oral examination)
8. What type of certification do I get from the ILPC and Leadership The EPL Way when I complete my training? Upon completion of all the requirements for the ILPC Certified Master Coach, participants will receive a competency certificate. By becoming a member of COMENSA, you will then be included in the COMENSA list of qualified coaches. To become a COMENSA member, email to administrator (at) comensa.org.za or go to comensa.org.za or phone 071 684 4276.
The ILPC Certified Master Coach Training meets the theoretical requirements in order for our participants to apply for the International Association of Coaching Part 1 Online Exam. It will also prepare participants for the Part 2 practical case studies exam.
9. How do I go about getting accredited by the IAC? You will be briefed in class. You can also visit the International Association of Coaching website.
10. How can I get my coaching business started? This Question is addressed In Module 16 of the Foundational Modules.
11. What post-training support is provided? New Developments Participants in the ILPC programme will automatically receive updates on new developments in the field of coaching. They will have access to the support services available to ILPC coaches such as information from COMENSA.
Toolkit and Theoretical Resources The ILPC is rich with theoretical resources, models and assessments (questionnaires) for continuing your coaching knowledge and skills.
Furthering your personal skills set and knowledge is important, especially for proper diagnosing a client’s problem(s) and guiding the client to meaningful solutions.
A wide variety of ILPC electives are available for specialisation and further personal development. For a small administrative fee you can also contact the ILPC office to attend previous training sessions to refresh your coaching skills.
Membership of COMENSA will also keep participants up to date with coaching developments in South Africa and elsewhere. COMENSA also offers regular members meetings.
12. What about text books on coaching? Additional Cost – Books on Coaching
Please make provision to invest in a number of coaching books, either in hard copy or in eBook format. We will make some recommendations in our first class meeting. Some of the recommended books will be on display during our first two-day class meeting. Depending on your personal enthusiasm to build up a library of coaching books, the cost could potentially be between R500,00 and R1 500,00.
Should you wish to register with the International Association of Coaching (IAC) you should keep money aside. The estimated total cost will be:
Part 1 Online written exam........................$97.00 Learning Agreement........................$150.00 Part 2 exam (two coaching recordings).....$500.00 Please Note: As soon as the ILPC programme is registered with the IAC our certified coaches will be able to claim international acknowledgement through the ILPC.
Forward to...Home>>> Forward to...ILPC Overview Page>>> Click here to Download the ILPC Application Form >>>